Sunday, January 24, 2010

Karen Healey is the Best!


I decided to email the pictures of the Guardian of the Dead cake to the wonderful author, Karen Healey, as well as our praise of the book! While I hoped that she would enjoy the pictures, her response was more than I could have hoped for! Not only did she send me an email expressing her joy and thanks, she made us these "Cupcakes of Gratitude!" How cute is that??? We are all so happy that we got to share our work with the author of the novel for the first time, and this was perfect for boosting our confidence! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your 1 year birthday Book Group. Very impressive. I vote for your next book to be A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. It's great storytelling wrapped up in fine wrting.
    Good job,
    Olivia's Aunt Felice

    ReplyDelete